Purpose of Post:
To provide an efficient and effective service including the provision of minor adaptations and essential minor repairs on of behalf of the Staying Put Agency.
- Carry out minor adaptations and Telecare equipment to the specified standard and within the timescales as set out by the Staying Put Agency.
- To assess and recommend adaptations and Telecare sensors to assist service users whilst in the home.
- Where appropriate liaise with Occupational Therapy staff, social workers and other professionals to promote and advise on best practices of all new technology available to the service users and the execution of minor adaptations to their specification.
- Be conversant with the operation and installation of all equipment in the service use properties and ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with Health and Safety.
- Effectively manage the workload delegated by the Staying Put Agency to ensure output targets are met and that each case is closely monitored.
- Maintain regular contact with service users where required, following up on any issues, concerns or complaints.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of Telecare and handyperson skill with associated technology providing training guidance and advice.
- Demonstrating continually developing knowledge and skills for the benefit of the service.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other professionals, services, suppliers and agencies ensuring effective communication.
- Responsible for the removal of waste and debris after completing the required work and to leave the site clean and tidy to assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Maintain accurate records and statistics to enable accurate data capture/ invoicing and equipment tracking and prepare reports for management as required.
- To transport and fit equipment in a safe and appropriate manner by complying with management guidelines and ensuring that all defective equipment which has a potential to cause injury is replaced immediately. Maintain a safe working environment by regularly undertaking safety monitoring audits.
- To participate in product evaluation meetings with Handyperson Service Management, service purchasers and suppliers.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as directed by management in line with the nature and grade of the post.
Experience and Skills you will gain:
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Use and knowledge of tools
- Practical experience carrying out minor adaptations
- Management of workloads
- Importance of accurate administration and the practical application of keeping records
- Customer service experience
Days/times required: Max 30 Hours per week
Duration of the Placement: 8 weeks
DBS required: Yes
- Embrace the values of Middlesbrough Council
- Where a candidate has a disability, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.
- All candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role and adhere to the Council’s Work Experience Policy in carrying out their placement.
- All candidates are expected to respect all confidentialities and principles and practice of the Data Protection Act.
- All work experience candidates are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation.