Sector-based work academies, known locally as bespoke employer-led programmes (BELPs), are education and training packages linked to local jobs.
Due to the success of our cleaning programme, we’re now offering hospitality and health and social care programmes. These are all delivered from Multi-Media Exchange, our purpose-built training centre in central Middlesbrough.
Our sector-based work academies are usually two weeks long and include:
- Introduction to relevant sector i.e. cleaning, care or hospitality
- Effective communication skills
- Manual Handling
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- First Aid
- Food Safety
- Short work placement (1 day to 1 week)
- Guaranteed interview with local employer
- Work related reference
- Interview preparation and application support