Purpose of Post:
To provide practical hands on experience assisting with enquiries, processing referrals and general administration tasks
- To assist staff and support the admin requirements of the team, providing routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, data entry, filing, etc
- To support events and other activities
- To support staff in preparing materials
- Answering the telephone, dealing with phone and email enquiries, ensuring that a responsive service is delivered at all times.
- Arranging appointments
Experience and Skills, you will gain:
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- Confidence Building
- Experience of working in a learning environment.
- Knowledge of local learning and IAG services
- The ability to take messages and handle telephone messages
- Experience of providing customer service
- Recording of information
- Populating spreadsheets
Days/times required: To be determined depending on applicant’s availability (Max 30 Hours per week)
Duration of the Placement: 4-8 weeks
DBS required: Yes
- Embrace the values of Middlesbrough Council
- Where a candidate has a disability, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.
- All candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role and adhere to the Council’s Work Experience Policy in carrying out their placement.
- All candidates are expected to respect all confidentialities and principles and practice of the Data Protection Act.
- All work experience candidates are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation.