Purpose of Post:
To assistance leaners aged 16 – 24 to discover how to utilise public transport and plan journeys allowing them the confidence to do this independently.
- To work within Lingfield to becoming familiar with the service provision and also the individual learners.
- To provide a flexible and fluid service to learners who need assistance discovering how to use public transport and plan journeys.
- To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the learner at all times during the journey to and from the predetermined location, ensuring their safe arrival.
- To supervise and provide assistance to learners to help build their confidence and reduce anxiety when using public transport.
- To establish a rapport with learners so that they are comfortable asking questions.
- Liaise closely with staff to determine desired learning outcomes.
- Support teaching staff with the preparation of teaching materials.
- To report any issues or concerns regarding the learners to your supervisor.
Experience and Skills, you will gain:
- Greater awareness of local SEN provision.
- Experience of supporting learners of all abilities.
- Experience of working for a local authority in a team environment.
- Improved confidence and work ethics.
- Preparation of teaching materials in support of staff.
- Completing administrative function in the form or logging activity.
- Confidence Building.
- Use of work based ICT packages.
Requirements (E.g. qualifications, cards)
- GCSE grade C or Level 2 equivalency in English and Maths (or be working towards achieving these qualifications)
- Experience working with SEN
Days/times required: Max 30 Hours per week
Duration of the Placement: Max of 8 weeks
DBS required: Yes
- Embrace the values of Middlesbrough Council
- Where a candidate has a disability, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary aids, equipment or adaptations to enable a volunteer to carry out their role.
- All candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to their volunteer role and adhere to the Council’s Work Experience Policy in carrying out their placement.
- All candidates are expected to respect all confidentialities and principles and practice of the Data Protection Act.
- All work experience candidates are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation.